… And if you haven’t jumped in yet, you aren’t out of it, so have a go.
Groups E, F, G, and H are in action today and the full list of games, with my predictions, is below. This round in these groups doesn’t seem to have that singular game that everyone will be looking for, though personally I’m interested to see how Fiorentina-Liverpool plays out. I also think Rangers-Sevilla might end up being quite a decent match.
Arsenal, Inter, and Barcelona are all in action today, as well, so there’s no shortage of big teams to look at depending on who you follow – or in some cases, who you root against.
Same formula as the first match day; pick a winner and the score (or a draw, if you feel so inclined). Players get 10 points for picking the winner and the right score (draws included); 5 points for having the winner and right margin (draws included); and 2 points for simply having the winner.
Here are the standings following the first set of matches:
1) dkstones: 43 points
2) aaronstollar: 34 points
3) writered21: 29 points
t4) tomwilhelm: 24 points
t4) RegularGuy: 24 points
Can anyone catch dkstones? You can’t if you don’t post, so hop in. You should be able to catch me pretty easily, at least, since I’m averaging a horrid 14.5 points for day so far.
Post your picks in the Comments section and have fun watching the games today.
* Debrecen vs. Lyon: (Lyon 2-1)
* Fiorentina vs. Liverpool (going out on a bit of a limb here, I think: 1-1 draw)
* Kazan vs. Inter (Inter 1-0)
* Barcelona vs. Dynamo Kiev (Barcelona 3-1)
* Rangers vs. Sevilla (Sevilla 2-1)
* Unirea Urziceni vs. Stuttgart (tricky trip here, hard to say with confidence that Stuttgart will get the job done, so I’ll pick the upset (UU 2-1)
* Arsenal vs. Olympiakos (Arsenal 3-0)
* AZ Alkmaar vs. Standard Liege (AZ 3-2)
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow, as well, when I’ll post the Groups A-D matchups and picks.